|Home||News||About This Site||All Pages||All Tags||Wiki|
Here's an interesting aside. What it would take to be the equivalent of an American H1B in India.
Would it be xenophobic to suggest that America have the same visa requirements for Indian nationals working IT jobs in America as Americans would face for the same jobs in India ?
Based on the rules for obtaining an Indian Employement Visa, these are my suggested improvements for the H1B system:
Joint ventures or collaborations must have of the approval of the American Government.
Oh, yeah, I almost forgot, since H1B visas are for more than a year, make sure to include an HIV test report from the World Health Organization.
Aren't I just the worst bigot you ever saw ?
Employment Visa - India Visa Requirements
These requirements were generated on 12/07/2009 11:48am EST.
An Employment Visa is granted to those who are an employee of an Indian company. The Embassy/Consulate may grant Employment visa valid for a year irrespective of the duration of the contract. Further extension up to 5 years could be obtained from MHA/FRRO in the concerned state in India. Please note the visa is valid beginning on the day it is issued. So a 6 Month visa issued on January 1 would be valid until June 30.
1. Application: Complete the online India Visa Application. After the application has been completed, you must print and sign the application.
2. Passport: Passport must have a minimum validity of six months from the date of application with at least two blank visa pages. Last 2 amendment pages are not acceptable. Must be the actual passport not a copy because your visa will be stamped in the actual passport.
3. Photographs: Photographs: 2 latest identical passport size photographs (black/white or color) depicting front pose against light background on photographic paper.
4. Proof of Address: Applicants must submit a photocopy with proof of residence/address that matches the address on the visa application exactly. Photocopy of state issued ID (Driver License or ID), or major utility bill (Water, Gas, Electric, Sewage) must be submitted.
The following items are not accepted: cell phone bill, credit card statement, bank statement or lease. The address cannot include a P.O. box.
For minors, a parent or guardian proof of address may be submitted instead.
If you don't bring a copy, we will make a photocopy for you for $2.00.
5. Appointment Letter: An employment appointment letter that contains the salary information. The salary must be a handsome amount.
6. Contract Letter: An employment contract letter. The letter must be detailed and comprehensive.
7. Resume: The applicant's resume.
8. Organization Registration: Proof that the organization is registered in India.
9. Green Card Holders: Applicants who are not Citizens of USA, but hold long term US visa or a Green Card should submit a copy of the visa or the Green Card. Do not send the original Permanent Residence Card/Green Card. Travisa Outsourcing cannot be held responsible for loss or damage to original Permanent Residence Card/Green Card (Non US Citizens - Permanent Resident/Green Card Holders Only)
10. Short Term Visa Holders: Applicants who are not citizens/residents of the USA and hold a tourist or other short-term visa for the USA should normally apply for Indian visas in the country of their permanent residence. In case of emergency or special circumstance, an application could be made at the Indian Embassy in Washington DC or Consulates General of India in the USA. In addition to the relevant visa fee there is a reference fee of $20.00 for reference to be made to the country of their original residence. The processing time in such cases is usually 5-7 working days. (Non US Citizens - Short Term Visa Holders Only)
11. Special Pakistan Application: In addition to the requirements above, Special Visa application form (https://www.indian-visa.com/pdf/Pakistan.pdf) should be filled in by citizens of Pakistan (4 copies with 4 photos). (Pakistan Citizens Only)
12. Special Bangladesh Application: In addition to the requirements above, Special Visa application form (https://www.indian-visa.com/pdf/Bangladesh.pdf) should be filled in by citizens of Bangladesh (2 copies with 2 photos). (Bangladesh Citizens Only)
13. Persons of Indian Origin: Applicants born in India applying for the first time on ANY U.S. passport must submit their Indian passport and a completed renunciation form (https://www.indian-visa.com/pdf/renunciation.pdf) OR submit their expired US passport with a previously issued Indian visa if applicable. (United States Citizens Only)
14. Dual Citizenship: Applicants who have dual citizenship with the US and another country must apply on their US passport if living in the US. (Non US Citizens Only)
15. Long Term Visa Holders Registration:
Registration formalities for foreigners visiting India on Long Term Visa
List of documents required at the time of registration with the Foreigners Registration Officer.
(i) Photocopy of the passport and initial visa.
(ii) Four photographs of the applicant.
(iii) Details of residence in India.
(iv) HIV test report from one of the WHO recognized institutions from people in the age group of 15 to 60 years, if the foreigner is visiting India on a visa for more than one year.
(v) Copy of the marriage certificate in case of those seeking extension of stay on grounds of being married to an Indian national.
(vi) Bona-fide certificate from the University/college/institution in case of student visa.
(vii) Accreditation certificate from the Press Information Bureau in case of Journalist visa.
(viii) Approval of the Department of Company Affairs in the case of board level appointees in Public limited companies.
(ix) Two copies of the approval of Government of India in case of a joint venture or a collaboration.
(x) Terms and conditions of appointments and copy of contract or agreements, in case of employment visa.
(xi) Undertaking (in the format given below) from the concerned Indian company on the following lines in case of employment/business visa: -
We take full responsibility for the activities and conduct of Mr./Mrs. ___________________ national of ____________ during his/her stay in India. If anything adverse comes to notice during this period, we undertake to repatriate him/her on our cost.
Date: Signature of competent authority
Seal: (of the Company)
16. Processing Time: Same day visa applications must be submitted in person to the Outsourcing Office between 9:00am and 11:00am (you will need an appointment that is selected at the end of the online application form). Pickup for same day applications is usually between 5:30pm and 6:00 pm. Note that we do not guarantee the visa will be issued same day. Non-US citizens and US citizens who require a reference have a processing time of 4-6 working days. Applications received after 11:00am will have the visa issued the following working day for non-reference cases.
Non-refundable tickets or reservations should not be purchased until all visas and passports are secured and in your possession. Terms and Conditions.
Applications sent by mail take about 5 working/business days to process from the date of receipt.
|Other BBcom-related sites - Quick Links|
|Welcome||New Ruleforge Site||Business Rules||Technology||InterWiki||Old Tutorial|
A Dial-Up Friendly Site
We Do SVGA ( mostly )